Forum Discussion

kingsmartbear
Contributor
9 years ago

TestComplete cannot identify web objects when Chrome shows "Your connection is not private" message.

Hi All:

I just notified that TestComplete (ver. 11.20.1491.7) cannot identify web object when Chrome(ver. 47.0.2526.80 m) accesses to some secure web sites and prompt you "Your connection is not private" message.

All recognized objects are windows objects such as Frame and Panel etc. When I changed to IE 8 (ver. 8.0.7601.17514) and it works.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro and Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit).

Any idea about this situation.

Thanks,

Allan

4 Replies

• Hi Allan

This seems to be related to the Chrome web browser you are working with. Have a look at some of the tips below

Tip 1: Log in to the portal

If you recently connected to a new Wi-Fi network, try logging in.

1. Go to any site that loads the web address with http:// at the beginning.
    2. The Wi-Fi portal log-in page should be reloaded.
    3. Log-in to the portal to access the internet.

Tip 2: Try opening the page in incognito mode

Open the page in an incognito window. If it works there, it means one of your extensions is causing the security problem and you should remove it. Learn how to turn off an extension.

Tip 3: Update Windows

If you're using a Windows computer, make sure your operating system is up to date and has the most recent service packs installed.

Tip 4: Temporarily turn off your antivirus

If you have any antivirus software on your computer that provides "HTTPS protection" or "HTTPS scanning," it might be interfering with the browser's ability to provide security. Turn it off for now to see if it fixes the problem. If that works, you'll need to turn off this feature to use secure sites.

Remember to turn your antivirus program back on when you're done.

These tips were taken from Google support

Regards

Damien

kingsmartbear
      Contributor

Hi Damien:

Thanks a lot for your reply and solutions.

Here are answers for what I did all from your solutions: 

Tip 1: Log in to the portal                                         <-- Not my case.

Tip 2: Try opening the page in incognito mode  <-- Even worse scenario because less objects can be recognized.

Tip 3: Update Windows                                            <-- My system proper updated.

Tip 4: Temporarily turn off your antivirus           <-- Nothing I can do about this because I'm using corporate property.

The thing is like when I got "Your connection is not private" message TestComplete lost object recognition functionality instantly, regardless other extensions in Chrome because I disabled all other extensions.

After I followed step to click link "Advanced" then click "Proceed to abc.xyz.com (unsafe)" in Chrome, TestComplete start to recognize all web objects properly.

So, the issue should be from TestComplete and its extension in Chrome.

Kind regards,

Allan