Forum Discussion

dudu
New Contributor
15 years ago

TestComplete & TestExecute use different name for a method on a specific window

Hi,

I have encountered a weird problem when I was trying to Run a script I wrote in TestComplete using TestExecute. The script checks if a certain window is opened and if it does, then it calls "MyWindow.ClickButton" method. However, TestExecute doesn't recognize the "ClickButton" method but recognizes a "Click" method instead. To make things even more bizarre, I have another condition in the same script that does exactly the same operation on this particular window, but this one recognizes the "ClickButton" method and not the "Click" method!

* TestComplete recognizes both methods.

Of course this is critical, with large scripts and functions it will be impossible to check them all and see if TestExecute is using the exact same names given by TestComplete.

Any ideas to what is the cause and how to solve it?

3 Replies

• Hi Dudu,

Please run your test in TestComplete to generate a "good" log, then open the same project in TestExecute and reproduce the problem to generate a "bad" log. After that, pack the entire project suite folder and send us the archive. You can post the file here or send it directly to us using the Contact Support form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message/).

BTW, what version of TestComplete/TestExecute do you have?

• Was a resolution ever found for this issue? I am having a similar problem on TestExecute clients running version 7.52.  Most of the clients run the TestComplete scripts perfectly, however a handful (4 out of 25) are experiencing an issue where the object names act like they are not the same as the very same on a working client.

• Hi,

Please execute the test on both 'good' and 'bad' computers, pack the project suite folder along with results for both executions and send us the files via the Contact Support form.