Forum Discussion

MT46
New Contributor
2 years ago

[TestComplete] [WARNING] Error: TestExecuteLite cannot start. Initialization error..

UPDATE: This is fixed already... upgraded my testcomplete/testexecute versions as well. Please ignore this post.

Not sure if this was asked before so apologies if I will ask this again.. 

I am new with TestComplete and Jenkins.

I am getting an error due to a problem with TestExecute where Jenkins fails to run it.

I just see that a command window appears with a message "Failed to ...." (cannot see the entire message as it was just a split second and the command window closes right away) But this is what I see in the Jenkins console output after the build is finished:

[TestComplete] The test execution started (QA Test Suite/EnceliumXInstaller/KeyWordTests|InstallBox).
[TestComplete] Found TestComplete/TestExecute installations:
Type: TC, Version: 14.91.341.7, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\x64\bin\TestComplete.exe"
Type: TE, Version: 14.93.312.11, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe"
Type: TELite, Version: 14.93.312.50, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecuteLite 14\x64\bin\TestExecuteLite.exe"
[TestComplete] Selected TestComplete/TestExecute installation:
Type: TELite, Version: 14.93.312.50, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecuteLite 14\x64\bin\TestExecuteLite.exe"
[TestComplete] Launching the test runner.
$ '"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecuteLite 14\x64\bin\SessionCreator.exe"' ExecuteProcess '/c:""C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecuteLite 14\x64\bin\TestExecuteLite.exe"" ""C:\CD_dev_sanity\QA Test Suite.pjs"" /run /SilentMode /ForceConversion /ns /exit "/ExportLog:C:\Jenkins\workspace\QA\Release_CD\04_InstallSSU\1657146282416.tclogx" "/ExportLog:C:\Jenkins\workspace\QA\Release_CD\04_InstallSSU\1657146282416.htmlx" "/ErrorLog:C:\Jenkins\workspace\QA\Release_CD\04_InstallSSU\1657146282416.txt" "/project:EnceliumXInstaller" "/test:KeyWordTests|InstallBox" /JenkinsTCPluginVersion:2.6.1'
[TestComplete] Test runner exit code: 0.
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Error: TestExecuteLite cannot start. Initialization error..
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "1657146282416.tclogx".
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "1657146282416.htmlx".
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to publish test results (xml data is empty).

I was expecting that the KeywordTest I specified in the Jenkins pipeline will be executed, however, it seems to not even reach that part.

Not even sure if this is a Jenkins issue or a TestComplete/TestExecute issue. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 Replies

• Hi MT46!

To start, may you provide a screenshot of the TestComplete plugin settings found in the Build section, with 'Advanced' enabled? 

I see you are launching TELite as well, this is normally not a problem but I wonder if you would have better results launch TestExecute instead.

I also see you are using the session creator, though I do not see any login credentials in the CLI operation. For some instances, especially machines that use Active Directory, a Jenkins profile with the machine login credentials will need to be created and passed along in the TC plugin under the 'Credentials' area of 'Run interactive user session'.

For instance this is what I have to do for my setup;

Another thing to try as a simple sanity check, would be to make sure you can launch TE on the test machine from the CLI without Jenkins. This will help to rule out a licensing issue with TE or with the build itself.

You may find information on the CLI operations below;

https://support.smartbear.com/testexecute/docs/running/automating/command-line/command-line.html

I hope this helps!

MT46
      New Contributor

Thanks Nick, 

These are all very helpful.

I tried to run TE without Jenkins and it was working fine, that's why I thought maybe it's a Jenkins issue. 

But anyway, after the upgrades, reboots and change of paths, all is good now. 

Thanks again.

MT

• Hi MT46!

Thanks much for letting us know your issue was resolved! 

If you have any more questions/concerns moving forward don't hesitate to start a post. 

Happy Testing!