Forum Discussion

8 years ago

TestComplete Survey

Hello TestComplete Users,

We have prepared several questions about your attitude to the current TestComplete functionality and what you want us to improve. Please follow this survey to help us better understand your needs:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZKQMZL5

6 Replies

• Some clarification on the last question (about cloud-based test environment integration) would be nice. It might be a dream come true for us, and it might be completely irrelevant / useless, depending on what exactly is meant by it. I picked an 'optimistic' number, but realistically it's impossible to answer accurately without knowing more.

MKozinets
      Staff

What we mean is a direct integration of cloud service such as SmartBear new product CBT with TestComplete.

TestComplete customers will be able to sign up for the service and choose the right level based on number of needed minutes, users or parallel tests. This service will be offered as an add-on to TestComplete.  

Individual TestComplete user on the team will then be able to choose which tests to execute on which of the many available OS/Browser/Resolution configurations - all done from within TestComplete.

Does this answer your question? What would be your requirements for such cloud service integrations with TestComplete? We would really value your detailed feedback on the capabilities/workflow that are important to you.

Thank you,

Masha

jmassey
        Contributor

Alright, yes I think it probably does answer my question, thanks for the extra info.

We have just recently finished evaluating some other cloud services as possible options for replacing locally-hosted testing, with the goals being to remove the need for local maintenance / administration of test hardware and allow resources to grow and shrink dynamically to suit current needs, and also to allow our various teams, which are spread around the world, to cooperate / share the same resources easily.

Ultimately, however, it was decided that currently the major cloud services aren't very well suited to testing a 'heavy' desktop application like ours. The cloud is doing well for server / service hosting, data / database, and then on the virtual client side, edging into web, mobile, and lightweight virtual desktops, where what we really need is virtual workstations. Also, having an external host to allow global resource sharing would trade one set of problems for another, likely just as thorny, given our current tools and workflows.

Still, I'm definitely keeping an eye out for any new developments in that space in case something comes along that would work well for us. It's cool that SmartBear is starting to build out integrated support for it, but I don't think CBT for example is going to be directly useful for my particular team. The general direction, though, is encouraging.