Forum Discussion

Ewgeniy_Marinet
New Contributor
11 years ago

TestComplete PlayBack freeze

Hi all !

We have several automated tests in TestComplete for our desktop application written in Delphi.

Each keyword test calls an internal keyword test (as subroutine) for starting and closing the application (restarting the application over and over again is an important part of our testing)

The internal keyword test for closing application uses either Process.Close() or Process.Terminate() methods (we tried both)

However the playback freezes sometimes after the attempt to close application. Although the application does close, but then nothing happens, playback just gets stuck.

8 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Ewgen,

As far as I understand, this behavior is reproduced randomly, right?

First of all, please check the TestComplete version you are using (Help | About). Make sure that you are using v. 9.31 (the latest one).

• Hi, Tanya!

You understand all right.

I'm sure that we are using TestComplete 9.3.1.

Regards,

Ewgen.
    Mark_Küpper
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello all,

I can confirm a phenomenon like this in my TestComplete-Project as well.

I too have a Keyword-driven Test which calls a (rather complex) Script Routine.

In opposite to the TO my Script Routine is NOT excecuted.

When the excecution reaches the point, where the call should be made, the playback just gets stuck. After this point, TC has to be killed by TaskManager.

Does TC write logs for its own operation or does anyone have other suggestions about what could be going wrong here?

Regards
    Mark_Küpper
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello again,

here is a small update on the issue:

Debugging-Mode seems to have something to do with it..

When Debugging is enabled I can experience the hang up of the playback in 80-90% of the time whenever a Keyword-test with subroutine-calls is run.

I have yet to see this problem, when Debugging is disabled, so there may be a correlation.

Now, this isn't nice but at least, with that knowledge, it isn't a showstopper anymore either.

Regards
      dlowe5000
      New Contributor

I experienced TestComplete freezing on playback. I figured out if I checked 'Ignore Unexpected Window' in the project properties, it stopped freezing on me.

Colin_McCrae
        Community Hero

Three year old thread! 

Probably all refers to much earlier versions of everything.... :smileywink: