Forum Discussion

cosminsandu
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

TestComplete 7.52 - Out of memory crash

I am running the last version of TestComplete 7.52 on Windows XP SP3 -32bits, 4G RAM and when editing my project I frequently get an Out of memory error and the TestComplete application crashes. (see attached image).

HOW CAN I FIX THIS PROBLEM?

5 Replies

• Hi,

Delete old logs from your project or set up their automatic deletion (to keep less logs in the project). To save memory, you can also try decreasing the number of custom messages posted to the test log and calling the Log.LockEvents method to prevent TC from posting event messages. Also, disable Visualizer if it is enabled in your project.
    cosminsandu
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Jared 

The Out of memory crash apppears when editing the source code and not when running the code.

I have lots of source files some of them with over 15 000 lines of code... 
  • Hi,

While editing the project, it is loaded in TC with logs. They aren't loaded in the memory all at once, but since the project is large, it can consume much memory anyway, and reducing the number of items and references in it should decrease its RAM consumption. That's why I suggested deleting old logs and reducing their size. Also, if you have several editors in the workspace, try closing those you don't work with, especially those showing logs.
    cosminsandu
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Jared 

Thanks for your feedback

I've removed ALL Test Complete logs and I work only with few file at time (few files are open in workspace) BUT the problem persists ...
  • Hi,

In this case, it looks like you need to try splitting your project into smaller projects if possible. Another possibility is to update to TC 8. TC 7 is no longer developed, and we cannot create fixes for it, so all we can try here with TC 7 is reorganizing the projet structure or changing settings which can possibly help you solve the problem.

Can you open a support ticket regarding this? We'll see what can be done to resolve this problem.