Forum Discussion

paramveer
Contributor
13 years ago

Test complete not recognize Data grids and other controls of application.

Hi

i am working on a applicaion doveloped in .Net. Many controls are not recognized by Test complete i am using licensed enterprise edition of

Test complete.

Below are the Full name having type of objects

Please suggest any addins or any other solution so that i can work with this application.

Sys.Process("RightNow.InitEngine").WinFormsObject("CrmConsole", "RightNow CX").WinFormsObject("Panel", "", 1).WinFormsObject("SplitContainer", "", 1).WinFormsObject("SplitterPanel", "", 2).WinFormsObject("ConsoleContentPaneSplitContainer").WinFormsObject("SplitterPanel", "").WinFormsObject("ConsoleContentPane").WinFormsObject("consoleWatermarkPanel").WinFormsObject("ConsoleReportControl", "", 1).WinFormsObject("ReportViewer", "").WinFormsObject("UserControl", "", 1).WinFormsObject("Panel", "").WinFormsObject("Panel", "", 1).WinFormsObject("reportControl")

Sys.Process("RightNow.InitEngine").WinFormsObject("CrmConsole", "Contact Search - makemytrip__tst  -  RightNow CX").WinFormsObject("Panel", "", 1).WinFormsObject("SplitContainer", "", 1).WinFormsObject("SplitterPanel", "", 1).WinFormsObject("NavigationPane", "")

Attached are some snapshots of application.

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    I'm not sure I understand your problem.  The fact that it is showing as a WinFormsObject seems to indicate that, at least, it recognizes that you're using .NET.

• Hi Robert Martin,

My problem is that, i would have to verify some data in the data grids but Test complete is not recognizing the data grids. i searched all properties value but didn't find any value that is present in data grids. So i want to know that is there any plugins that can provide access to these data grids. Or any alternate approach you suggest to handle such type of data grids

Thanks and Regards

Paramveer
    HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Paramveer,

It looks like the application under test uses a third-party grid control that isn't supported out-of-the-box by TestComplete (you can find the list of supported controls here). Let us know the vendor, version and the ClrFullClassName property value of the grid control, so we can help you.
  • Hi ,

Please find the following control's class name.

These are the controls which are not identified by test complete

ClrFullClassName = DevComponents.DotNetBar.Bar

CompanyName =  DevComponents.com

ClrFullClassName = RightNow.Applications.Analytics.Forms.AnalyzeRibbonBar

ClrFullClassName = RightNow.Applications.Analytics.Forms.ReportContentControl

CompanyName =  RightNow Technologies, Inc.

Thanks and Regards

Paramveer
    HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Paramveer,

I'm afraid, TestComplete doesn't currently support the DevComponents and RightNow controls, but you are welcome to submit a feature request for supporting these controls here:

http://smartbear.com/products/qa-tools/automated-testing/survey/

However, since your tested application is a .NET application, TestComplete has access to native properties and methods of the application's controls, so you can automate the required operations using these methods and properties. To learn which properties and methods are available, and which ones you can use for your task, you may examine the controls in the Object Browser (make sure to turn on the advanced view), read the API documentation on these controls or ask the application developers.

Also, you can try turning on MSAA, UI Automation and/or Text Recognition for your tested app  — this can make TestComplete identify more internal elements in the problematic controls.

Hope this helps!