Forum Discussion

Lopamudra
New Contributor
15 years ago

Test Execute environment fails to refer to dot net application dll

Hi,

I am using Test Complete to test an application.

We have created a dot net dll class library for reading information from XML and pass that information to test complete. We are referring to this dll in Test Complete environment and using it in scripts. In test complete environment (with Test complete and visual studio installation), this functionality of reading from dll is working fine. But when we run the same application on a test execute environment, the dll functionality is not working. This test execution machine has only .net framework and test execute installed.

Can somebody suggest why this link to the dll is not working? What are the possible problems and how to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Lopamudra

3 Replies

• Hi,

Do you add your assembly to your project from the GAC or from a directory? If you are using the GAC, make sure that you have the same exact version of your assembly on both machines. Otherwise, check whether the path to your assembly on the problematic machine is correct.

Lopamudra
    New Contributor
    Hi,

I am adding the assembly to the Test complete project from a directory. In test execute machine, I am copying the whole project directory in the same path as the development machine. So the assembly path remains same in both the machines. But in test execute machine this doesn't work. The assembly I am using, has lots of dependencies. But I have also copied the dependent files in the required path. Do I need to add all these assemblies into the GAC in the test execute machine? Please suggest.

Regards,

Lopamudra
  • Hi,

OK, what exact behavior do you observe on the problematic machine? Do you see any errors?