Forum Discussion

t_nguyen
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Test Execute - Test fails when running via TE but perfect in TC

Hello all,

I have recently started using Test Execute to run test which I created in Test Complete. When executing the test suite via TC it runs perfectly. However I find that running the same test suite from another computer but with TE is failing. I review the failures and then update this in TC but find that the test still fails. I have ensured that I have saved the changes etc. The TE computer has exact same specs and OS.

Has anyone else had this issue too? Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • What versions of Test Execute and Test Complete are you using?

Are you using name mapping?  The OS and Browser versions are the same I believe you mentioned, correct?

9 Replies

t_nguyen
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks Jorge. Anyone else had this issue that can shed some light on this? With our automated test portfolio rising I would like to purchase more test execute licences but if I cannot prove it reliably works then I probably wont get any funds to buy.
    chicks
    Regular Contributor
    I frequently have trouble with tests not executing the same in Test Execute as in Test Complete as well. 

What types of errors are you seeing?  Is there any pattern to them?
    t_nguyen
    Occasional Contributor
    They are mainly these type of ones:

The object or one of its parent objects was not found

There are also the odd region check ones too which states that I need to adjust the pixel parameters. But even when I do adjust the pixel parameters and save the test then run it again. The region will still fail. SO it states that I need to set the parameters to 3546. I would usually set it ot 3600. But when re-running in TE it doesn't seem to see my changes to the scripts. 
    chicks
    Regular Contributor
    What versions of Test Execute and Test Complete are you using?

Are you using name mapping?  The OS and Browser versions are the same I believe you mentioned, correct?
    t_nguyen
    Occasional Contributor
    Sorry I didnt mean to mark your response as an answer. That was an accident.

I am using TE and TC 10.3. 

Both computers are of same specs and OS. Monitors are the same and resolutions are the same. Yes I am using name mapping
    chicks
    Regular Contributor
    My only suggestion at this point (and you've probably already thought of it) is to add Log.Message to ensure that your changes are getting picked up by Test Execute.

I'll give it some more thought. 

Perhaps one of the moderators can unmark the "answer" ?
    t_nguyen
    Occasional Contributor
    Yes if someone can unmark this answer that would be great because any help I can get would be awesome. I am going to try install TE on the same computer as TC to see if I can open the logs to see if this helps. Appreciate the help so far.