Forum Discussion

sree2011
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Test Execute License Manager Administration

We are using Text Execute Floating License of TE 9.31 version as of now. How can I find which all machines are connected currntly to this License Manager machine. Please Advice.

• hi sree,

If you go to Products tab, you can find the Features link for TestExecuteX(X is version you are using). If you click "Features", you are shown with "Features" page. Now observe the no of rows for in the page. The number of rows(for ex: 4) is the no of features your TestExecute has.

So for every instance of TestExecute you open, 4 sessions are created in "Sessions" tab.

If you have 35 TestExecute licenses for 4 features, you should basically have (35*4) entries in the sessions tab is all are used at once.

In other way, Number of entries in Sessions tab divided by 4 will give you number of licenses actively used.

#of Licences used = (No of sessions)/(No of sessions created per launch).

Hope this helps.

5 Replies

• Hi sree,

Open your browser and hit below Url http://xxxxxxxx:1947/_int_/sessions.html

where xxxxxxxx is the systemName or systemIPAddress of license server machine ..

sree2011
      Contributor

Hi Ashokkumar,

Thank you for your prompt Response. With the link you had provided, i am able to get the number of sessions per machine which seems to be multiple for each machine. How can i get exactly how many machines are using this license. The reason why i asked is, we have got 35 Licenses on our License manager machine, but when we use the license in 15 client machines itself, the test execute message popupup saying that the License Limit is over. So i wanted to confirm which machines are using this currently. Please advice.

ashokkumareds
        Contributor

hi sree,

If you go to Products tab, you can find the Features link for TestExecuteX(X is version you are using). If you click "Features", you are shown with "Features" page. Now observe the no of rows for in the page. The number of rows(for ex: 4) is the no of features your TestExecute has.

So for every instance of TestExecute you open, 4 sessions are created in "Sessions" tab.

If you have 35 TestExecute licenses for 4 features, you should basically have (35*4) entries in the sessions tab is all are used at once.

In other way, Number of entries in Sessions tab divided by 4 will give you number of licenses actively used.

#of Licences used = (No of sessions)/(No of sessions created per launch).

Hope this helps.