Forum Discussion

Hema_Naik
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Test Complete 12 issues with Windows 10.

Hi,

Recently I have made changes I am facing issue with the Test Complete latest version 12 newly installed on Win 10 version.

I am constantly facing 4 issues with latest changes in OS and TC latest version.

1. Every time when executing the scripts its executing and passing in alternate manner. 

Scripts are failing in second, fourth, sixth like wise in even manner.

If excluded those scripts and rerun then it fails scripts which are currently in even manner.

Executing them individually working fine. but can't execute in batch.

2. For second fourth and so on even numbers failure of scripts getting error of There are multiple instances running not able to launch new instance. 

When verified in Task Manager for those even number of failing scripts there is no instance found in it in execution / background which is odd. 

3. Object does not exists for those failure scripts (even number of scripts).

a. Tried to sort through object mapping. Manually mapped the objects. - No change found. All still the same.

b. Options - Engines - Name mapping - Update Name Mapping option selected and fixed all the name mapping issues.        Deselected option after completion. No change found. All still the same.

c. Options - Engines - General - Windows Store Applications - Option deselected. No change found. All still the same.

4. While creating new scripts found for Menu Toolbar selection it replaced the numbers with some random data.

Screenshot is provided. Actual result should be like [1] [1] which is again a reason for failure.   

Not able to execute the existing Project which was working fine with TC 10 Win.7.

Tested for newly created project with newly created scripts. Still the same issue.

Not able to execute working project.Screenshot is provided for all four issues.

Please suggest the needful.

Thanks,

Hema

• It looks like there are a couple of problems happening.

First of all, it appears that, on the failed tests, there are a lot of object recognition errors. Secondly, there is a warning indicating something about the number of instances of the application under test. It's possible, it seems, that you might be not properly closing your application under test after each project run which will result in these kinds of errors. Double check your tests you are executing and make sure that after each test run, you are doing any "clean up" work that needs to be done to prepare your environment for the next run. One possible thing is that you are doing the clean up work but there may be a delay in the actual shutdown of AVM5 so that, when the next test starts, it hasn't fully shut down from the previous run.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Can you make sure you're running TC as an administrator? I believe that is something that is necessary in order to do some of the low-level stuff that TC needs to do within the operating system.

Hema_Naik
      New Contributor

Hi,

I have executed my test scripts as an Administrator. Its still the same.

Screenshot is provided for reference.

Please suggest any settings missing in TC 12 or any changes to be made with Windows 10 ?

Thanks,

Hema

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

It looks like there are a couple of problems happening.

First of all, it appears that, on the failed tests, there are a lot of object recognition errors. Secondly, there is a warning indicating something about the number of instances of the application under test. It's possible, it seems, that you might be not properly closing your application under test after each project run which will result in these kinds of errors. Double check your tests you are executing and make sure that after each test run, you are doing any "clean up" work that needs to be done to prepare your environment for the next run. One possible thing is that you are doing the clean up work but there may be a delay in the actual shutdown of AVM5 so that, when the next test starts, it hasn't fully shut down from the previous run.