Forum Discussion

AshokKumarSahoo
Contributor
6 years ago

Test Complete 12.50 ,Stop/Pause option is not working,taking long time to response,Any help please?

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

If you are clicking the Stop button or the Pause button in the middle of a process that takes time (like a wait page or similar), TestComplete needs to finish what it's doing before it can respond.

Something else to look into, especially with Pause, is whether or not you have Watch List items enabled?  Try disabling those.

When stopping, TestComplete needs to write the log to disk.  Depending upon how big the log file is, how much information your storing, Visualizer images, other screenshots, etc., this could take considerable time as well.  Consider configuring your project to write less to the log.

AshokKumarSahoo
      Contributor

tristaanogreThank you for your response.One thing i need to get clarify if it's working fine in the earlier version of TC(12.42) then why it's not working in TC(12.50).Do you have any specific setting's to resolve this issue?

To debug my code in the middle of the execution is really difficult in the latest version (12.50) as compare to earlier version.

If it's an issue in the latest version then i will work with earlier version .please confirm me.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

I can't answer those questions necessarily because I still don't know EXACTLY why it's happening.  All I did was suggest a couple of possible solutions.  Without knowing what code is being executed, what application is under test, etc., all I can do is give conjecture... doesn't help that your OP was just the title without details. ;)

The more details you can supply as to what is being executed at the time you hit pause or stop, what kind of application you're testing, etc., the more information we can supply as to "why" this is happening and what potential solutions we can supply.