Forum Discussion

cunderw
Community Hero
7 years ago

Test Complete 12.4 Issues

Thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to post some of the minor issues that 12.4 has (bigger crippling issues obviously should have support requests).

I'll start with a few minor ones. Note, we use JavaScript so I am not sure if these issues occur for all langauges.

1. If you have an spaces at the end of a //USEUNIT line, the interprerter will assume these as part of the unit name can cause an error running since it cannot find the unit. Ex. '//USEUNIT Unit 1    ' will look litreally 'Unit1    ' instead of 'Unit1'
  2. Default parameter values that are of boolean type will show as undefined in the parameters window in the KWT editor.
    1. Ex. function foo(bar = true) {} when viewing the parameter window will show bar as undefined, this does not happen with strings and numbers.

3 Replies

OskAda
    Occasional Visitor

Hi,

TC version 12.40.2869.7 x64

After TC update from 12.3 to 12.4 appear some problem, like:

1)Can not run Ctrl+Alt+D combination using keys("[Hold]^~d"), I red about this problem, so hope this problem will be soon gone.

2)Does not work breakpoints, Enable debugging-ON, breakpoints set correctly (previously worked fine). Is there any solution, how to fix or by pass this problem? It is quite crucial for my test.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

For point 2, make sure that your break points are set in the same project that you're running... if you have shared code across multiple projects in the same project suite, you could have the wrong copy of the file open for the project you're running.  

Breakpoints are working fine in all my projects I'm working with so this sounds like more of a configuration/operation problem.