Forum Discussion

Everseeker
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Test Complete 10.60 is ... well... Hanging

I have created a really, really, really easy test.

launch a batch file

Which loads an app

Which displays an OK button.

After clicking OK, make sure the window is correct...then exit

Easy, right?

Well, every 5 or 6 times, everything "hangs". The popup with OK is there... but TC is still waiting...

So, I manually set focus on the popup... nope

click the OK? nope

exit the app under test, relaunch it and get a "new" OK popup?... NOPE

So, Try to Pause - nothing

Try to Stop - nothing

heck, try to exit TC - not gonna happen

Task Manager - Kill..... THAT worked

WHY?

• Are you pausing the test before you set the focus manually?  If you start clicking around on things (like in your video) while TC is still trying to run the test, it will become confused and not do anything at all.  

As far as the popup goes, are you using WaitChild or something similar to look for the OK button?  TC can get ahead of the app.  Even though the button is there on the UI, the object may be slow in loading.  I suggest a wait of some sort, then when the button Exists, set focus on it, then Click.

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Are you pausing the test before you set the focus manually?  If you start clicking around on things (like in your video) while TC is still trying to run the test, it will become confused and not do anything at all.  

As far as the popup goes, are you using WaitChild or something similar to look for the OK button?  TC can get ahead of the app.  Even though the button is there on the UI, the object may be slow in loading.  I suggest a wait of some sort, then when the button Exists, set focus on it, then Click.

Everseeker
      Contributor

What I am clicking around on is the pause/stop buttons, which are not working

Not shown: The AUT is sitting with the popup/button sitting there, ready to click...

and this is not a simple timeout thing, cuz I waited 20 minutes once, not touching/clicking a thing, just to be SURE... yup, hung

Everseeker
      Contributor

Marsha_R wrote: 

This is of interest. May be exactly what I need.

However, 2 questions:

Given:

2015-06-24_8-48-27.jpg

How do I add the needed Keyword (and where?)