Forum Discussion

william_roe
Super Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

TFS Source Control with Check-In Policy in 11.2

Does this mean we can now check-in to TFS when there are check-in policies? Based on this article I've held off using source control in TFS because we use check-in policies.

Source_Control_Menu_NativeTFS.png

•  

I just started using TFS with TestComplete. We require a comment on check-in and TestComplete does show this policy.

Capture.PNG

If you try to check-in without a comment, another pop-up appears that looks like it would allow you to override the policy.

Note: With my project the integration with TFS does seem a little slow. (It takes about 30 seconds for the Check-In window to appear)

4 Replies

Clayton
    Occasional Contributor

I just started using TFS with TestComplete. We require a comment on check-in and TestComplete does show this policy.

Capture.PNG

If you try to check-in without a comment, another pop-up appears that looks like it would allow you to override the policy.

Note: With my project the integration with TFS does seem a little slow. (It takes about 30 seconds for the Check-In window to appear)

william_roe
      Super Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

We are measured by the number by the number os missing comments and unassociated tasks for our check-ins so I guess we won't be using TFS source control.

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

Watching this as may integrate this as well. We use TFS for source control on some projects.

Up to now, the build process took care of getting latest versions of everything, but it would ne nice to add that functionality to my framework.

I have just finished writing as bunch of script extensions to allow me to interact with TFS to create and update test runs directly from TestComplete using the new RESTful API. That was all sorts of fun! The API documentation is pretty new, incomplete, and fairly raw. So working out what linked to what in a meaningful way (Test Plan w/cases > Test Suite w/test points > Test Run  w/results) was a barrel of laughs!

May end up being fit to be uploaded as a generic extension pack once I tidy it up. Not sure yet.