Forum Discussion

Jeremy_Vincent
New Contributor
13 years ago

TC8 Performance issue

I am having issue with TC Performance while running a particular test case.  Test Complete comes to a crawling halt when I have a particular form open.  Not until I manually close the form does performance return to normal.  I don't see anything abnormal about that form compared to other forms that I am dealing with.  It has about 215 child objects, but off hand none of the control objects seem out of the normal.  Are there any suggestion of what I can check to see what is causing this performance degrade?  TC build info attached.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

3 Replies

• I appologize for the extremely late reply, I had been switch to another project.  

This issue is, however, still occurring.  Anytime a particular form is open, TC comes almost to a halt. Once that form is closed is returns back to normal.  However I cannot see much of a difference between the forms that seem to work fine and the one that doesn't.  Is there any Test Complete Logging when performance takes a dive?
    aqAnt
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Jeremy,

We have released TestComplete 9, so I suggest that you install it and check how it works with the problematic form.

If it does not help, we will probably need to analyze the form. In this case, please contact us via our Contact Support form.