Forum Discussion

siddhu
Contributor
14 years ago

TC to wait till nect page opens completely

Hi

After clicking on a button it takes come time to to open next page.I want to make TestComplete to wait till the nect page opens completely.Please tell me How to do that.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Siddhardha

5 Replies

• Hi

I am not asking for a webpage.i am asking for windows application.

In some situations my product needs some processing time.Because of this processing time  it is taking some time to open the next page.

If i write a script to click a button on the next coming window.script executes faster than the next page opens and  TestComplete is trying to click on the button which is not loaded completely.So My script fails because of this. 

I want TC to wait till next page loads completely

• Hi Siddhardha,

Thank you for the clarification about the type of the application. You need to find a sign that says that a page is loaded and wait for this sign in your tests. Depending on the application behavior, this can be a button's activation, a status bar message, an object's color change, etc. Please find some information that can be useful in your case in the Waiting for a Process or Window Activation and Waiting for Object State Changes help topics.
  • Thanks for your quick response.I have another question

My TestComplete is not detecting Flash objects(Like FlashButtons...etc)

For this i have added "MacromediaFlashPlayerActiveX" in

Tools  -- >DefaultProjectProperties  -- > Project -->  OpenApplications --> MSAA

But this doesnot solve my problem

How to detect these Flash Objects?