Forum Discussion

RobertFromDresd
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

TC - freeze at startup

Hi,

today I download the demoversion of TC for my PC, install it and try to use it, but ist hangs everytime withe the splashscreen. When i klick the splashscreen windows appears with a message that the program dont react.

I another thread of this forum somebody wrote to try the programm:  downloads.automatedqa.com/AQtimeStdx86.exe

but with this, i got the same fault. It hangs up.

I didnt know what to do.

My config:

Intel Core2Duo, 8GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6700, Win7 x32

programs:

java newest version

MS VC++ '05 / '08 / '10 ReDist

Quicktime / Apple Application

VMWare Player

Windows Mobile Center

5 Replies

• Hi Robert,

Most probably, AQtime was suggested as a tool for collecting diagnostic information, but not as a remedy. IAC, to collect diagnostic information about hangings, we suggest other instructions. For example, you can find them in this thread.
    RobertFromDresd
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Mike,

tank you for your quick answer.

I did the steps to create dumps like in this post you provide and try to upload it in the form "Send a New Support Request", but it say Iam not registered, so i attached the dmp to this forum thread here.

Hope it helps me, i can do nothing with TC :-/

Greets

Robert
  • Hi Robert,

According to the dumps, the hanging occurs on a call of the FileIconInit function of Windows. We suppose that the issue can occur due to the activity of a Windows Shell Extension installed on the problematic PC. Please check whether the issue persists if you disable such software.
    RobertFromDresd
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Mike,

i can not imagine what program in my shell extensions is liable for the problem.

I would be glad, if you can give me some points/informations/kind of programs what can be the problem.

As i looked in the CLSID tree with regedit I see a unusualness with a TC-knot:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{{FAE26353-8623-406F-880B-0F52C84D16E8}}]

You see, it contains two curly brackets. I edit it to one bracket, but it changes nothing with my problem.

So i export you my complete CLSID tree and use the freeware "ShellExView" to export all entrys from this tree in a txt-file (217 entrys). Can you please help me with this informations to eliminate the most likely programms from this list?

best regards

Robert
  • Hi Robert,

Please try to find the problematic extension dichotomically by disabling them. After the extension is determined, please let me know its name and describe it.