Forum Discussion

Drew7
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Sys.Browser("chrome") works in Version 14 but not in Version 15

Recently converted from Testcomplet version 14 to Testcomplete version 15. When testing web applications we used Sys.Browser("chrome") to access and perform functions in Chrome. Since we have gone to Version 15, when I view the object browser, it displays Chrome as a process even though Firefox and IE continue to display as Browsers. Does anyone know how to make Chrome not a "process"?

• The real solution was to complete remove Version 14 from your pc. After that verify tcCrHost.exe is running in task manager. This executable is the relation between TestComplete and Chrome's extension. Not all browsers require an extension, however Chrome does require the extension. 

7 Replies

Drew7
    New Contributor

The real solution was to complete remove Version 14 from your pc. After that verify tcCrHost.exe is running in task manager. This executable is the relation between TestComplete and Chrome's extension. Not all browsers require an extension, however Chrome does require the extension. 

jkrolczy
    Regular Contributor

Check your Project: Web testing parameters

These can change per a Major version upgrade by their default settings

versus what your current project was using on TC14.

• Hi Drew7 - 

Could you send an image of what you are seeing in the object browser?

Thanks, 
    Emma

Lee_M
        Community Hero

TC 15 registers my browsers correctly (Edge and Chrome)

I notice that the browser loads up as a proccess and then correctly regonises as a browser after a couple of seconds, possibly this is not happening on your system.

Do you always get this ?

Test process:

Load TC with NO browser and check navigate to Object browser

• Load a browser and watch the new process start and hopefully change type

Here are my system details that function as expected