Forum Discussion

yurik
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Synchpoint timeout

Hi ,

I've posted this question in General Discussions, but unfortunately didn't get an answer. Maybe someone here knows the answer to the following question.

In TestComplete Help I've found the following

For each project, you can specify a time limit during which the project will wait for synchronization. This way you can break synchronization requests by using timeouts.

I can't find where in the project the timeout for synchpoints can be defined.

Can someone please help ?

Thanks!

Yuri

• Hi,

I have found your previous post. You asked:

"From what I understand , the WaitFor method can set a timeout for a specific synchpoint.
    I was looking for a means to set a timeout in one place for all synchpoints in the project. Is that possible?" 

There is no setting which affects all synchpoints of the project. Each synchpoint has its own timeout. To synchtonize the point, you can use the Synchronize Method.  

2 Replies

YuriPeshekhonov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

I have found your previous post. You asked:

"From what I understand , the WaitFor method can set a timeout for a specific synchpoint.
    I was looking for a means to set a timeout in one place for all synchpoints in the project. Is that possible?" 

There is no setting which affects all synchpoints of the project. Each synchpoint has its own timeout. To synchtonize the point, you can use the Synchronize Method.  

yurik
      Contributor

Hi Yuriy,

Thank you for the clarification! The Help is a bit misleading, in this case. It would be nice if the help section could be changed to clarify the point in question. On the other hand as an enhancement suggestion it would be useful to have an option to define a default synchronization timeout per project.

Thanks!

Yuri