Forum Discussion

madnut
Contributor
14 years ago

Support of _object_ tag content in IE

Hello,

I've used TC 7.51 for web testing and recently discovered that it doesn't support content of _object_ tag in case if it is an html page.

This issue apperas to be only in IE browser. Under Firefox I have access to all child elements on page inside _object_ tag.

So, I'm wondering if it is TestComplete or IE limitation. And do you have any solution or plans for resolving this one?

Thanks,

Oleksiy

6 Replies

• Hi Oleksiy,

It looks like you mean that the elements located between the <object> and </object> tags are not shown in the object tree. Such elements should exist on the displayed page only if the object specified by the 'classid' attribute of the <object> tag is not displayed on the page. Probably, Firefox does not actually display the problematic object, while Internet Explorer does. If so, such elements will be shown in the Object Tree only for the page displayed in Firefox.

If my assumptions are incorrect, we will need the following information:

1. Describe the problem in detail and post here images demonstrating it.

2. Check whether you can reproduce the problem with a public site. If you cannot, can you provide us with access to your application? You can send the access details via our Contact Support form.

3. Let us know the exact version of the browsers you are using.
  • Hi Jared,

To reproduce this issue I've created 2 simple files: main.htm & page.htm. Page.htm is set as data source for object tag in main.htm.

Please, open main.htm in IE and you will see through the Object Browser that content of page.htm can't be recognized.

But at the same time in Firefox it detected as a child frame and all elements inside are accessible too.

Browsers used: IE7 & IE8, Firefox 3.5.9

Sorry, second attachement is uplodaed by mistake

• Hi Oleksiy,

We've reproduced the problem and registered it in our issue-tracking DB.
  • Thanks Jared!

How can I track the status of the issue?

• Hi Oleksiy,

Currently, we're investigating it. We'll post here our results when we have some.
  • Hi Oleksiy,

We will work to fix this issue. As for now, I suggest that you try using the <iframe> tag instead of the <object> tag on your web page.