Forum Discussion

nginoza
Frequent Contributor
10 years ago

Support for new iOS8.1 release coming very soon

Hello Support,

Apple has a iOS8.1 beta 2 out for testing.  I have installed iOS8.1 on some of our iPad to do some testing before the release, rumor has it they are releasing this Monday(10/20).

I would like to leverage the automation scripts we have for our app for this release.

I tried running my scripts using TC 10.4 which supports iOS8.0.X , with all the latest patch, but was not successful. I am encountering a similar issue when I tried to run my scripts using TC 10.3 on a iOS8 ipad. In a nutshell TC is seeing objects on the screen as VisisbleOnScreen = false – even though it is Visible, because of this automation is failing.

It appears that the TestComplete libs needs to be updated for iOS 8.1 support.  Any ETA on when TC will have support for iOS8.1?

If you have available a pre-release of iOS8.1 support I would like to volunteer to be a beta tester for iOS8.1.

Let me know, as this is time critical.

4 Replies

nginoza
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi All,

Got a new library that has fixed this issue.

Thanks

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your willingness to participate in beta testing. I've resent your contact info to our product management. However, I cannot tell you right now whether we provide beta for this functionality.

Anyway, stay tuned. We really appreciate your assistance.

nginoza
    Frequent Contributor
    Thank you Tanya,

I am always available to participant in new pre-release beta testing to verify if our scripts are working, either new with TC featured  for iOS or new iOS releases.

This way we can leverage all the scripts that was created for a new iOS 8 release and new TC features.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

That's great, Nathan.

@community, if you experience issues with testing under iOS 8.1 in TestComplete 10.4, please contact our Support team to get a patch.