Forum Discussion

nitinkumar_kapa
New Contributor
12 years ago

Support Google Chrome Frame objects on IE embedded controls

We have a application which contains GCF objects on IE embedded controls. TestComplete 9.1 is unable to identify objects.

Version details are:

OS - Win 7

Google Chrome - 21.0.1180.89

IE - 8

Could you please help us on if there are any specific setup required for testing Google Chrome Frame objects on IE embedded controls.

With Regards

Nitin

7 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Jonathan,

I believe that you provided contact info while sending crash report so Support guys can contact you. If not, then you can create a Support ticket via http://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete.

TestComplete crash with latest Chrome support extension sounds odd, so I hope that you'll get some response from Support soon.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Nitin,

Currently, TestComplete 9 does not support the Chrome Frame plug-in.

BTW, you may learn more details from your colleague - Zhenqin - who has contacted our support team.

• Hi Tanya, is there any update on support for the Chrome Frame plug-in? I'm using TC 9.3 but am unable to identify the chrome frame controls in IE (I'm using IE8)

Thanks

Steven

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Steven,

Unfortunately, no news. However, I've added your vote to the corresponding suggestion we have in our DB!

jparsons
    New Contributor
    Hiya, apologies for bumping an old post but I am still encountering this issue (or an issue very similar) with TC 10.30 and Chrome 35.

I have a ["Frame"] object on the page that I can't see into, on other browsers (IE/Firefox) everything works fine.

Can I confirm this is still an issue, or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance
    jparsons
    New Contributor
    Hi Alexei, thanks for the reply.

If I install the chrome patch for chrome 32/33 TC10.30 oddly crashes on run up in tcCore.dll (have sent a report).

If I revert back the .dll and .pls file it then opens up and works fine, but obviously the initial issue is still present.

I can see in to most objects in Chrome (which is progress, as before I upgraded to TC10.30 I couldn't see into Chrome at all), but am unable to see into Framed objects.