Forum Discussion

DaveM138
New Contributor
8 years ago

Stopping a keyword test makes Test Complete 12.0.122.7 hang for 2 minutes plus

Hi all,

When I'm running a Keyword Test and choose to stop the test, mid-run, 9 times out of 10, there is 2, 3, 4, minutes plus of a wait, up to 25 minutes on one occasion. I have resorted to closing TC via Task Manager but this shouldn't be a long term fix. I have run a "Repair" re-install which seems to give temporary respite but within 24 hours, I'm back to 2 minutes wait time plus. I am running on Windows 10 and am working through Chrome for my web tests. 

Thanking you in advance!

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Was this happening before version 12?  If so, are your log files really large?  I've seen that hang the closing process for a long time.  

DaveM138
      New Contributor

Hi Marsha,

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I had this problem prior to the upgrade to 12 but it has dis-improved since upgrading. I'll have a look at the log files to see what size they are. When you had the problem, what size were your log files, just to have a benchmark? 

Thanks again!

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

I don't remember a file size, sorry.  I just turned off saving Visualizer files and they got a lot smaller and seemed to save quicker.  We only turn them back on if we need them for troubleshooting.