Forum Discussion

exp1
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Still login and basket problem with some vusers.

Hi,

Unfotunately I have still have a problem about login and add to basket with some vusers.

Before that I had some add-to- basket problem, and I solved this issues with the help of you. I have
solved this problem with entering parameters in the right place.

Later I noticed that some vusers still have no item in the basket after the test.

I understand this by removing OK for 302 status code in the task, (that I
was entering it befor for all my tests) and see that some vusers
returns actualy 302 status code (which is a 200 in the task). This means
that some vusers can not even login. I can no see these problematic vusers userID in the log. Let me explain this;

When I loging to webpage with 1 Vuser I have a good result. That one Vuser is loging to page succesfuly.I can see that in the log, I check userID in th log and it is taken.

But when I increase the Vusers count I got some warning.When I checked this warning in the log I see that some Vusers can not login to page.

Vusers with the warning message, UserId is not seen. But if the login request got warning I can not see Vuser UserId.

Another way to understand some Vusers can not loging to page.When I add item to basket.If Vusers can not loging to page the can't add item to basket.I checked manually which Vuser got warning. It hasn't an item in basket.

I need an answer for this problem. Any suggestions will be helpfull.

Best regards.

My question is the where is the problem.

In TestComplete or in the Webpage? Does it can not handle to 250 users ? or is there some another problem ?

5 Replies

• Hi Celalettin,

In order to find the cause of the problem, it is necessary to examine the traffic of problematic virtual users before the problem occured and compare it with traffic produced by other virtual users which worked correctly. If there is some difference between the traffic of "correct" and "incorrect" virtual users, it is possible that the problem is on TestComplete's side and it's necessary to make all virtual users work the same way. If the traffic looks identical, it probably means that the web application has reached some limit.

BTW, please note that a single virtual user is actually an equivalent to 10-15 actual users and therefore 250 virtual users are equal to at least 2500 real users. Please see the "Typical Load Test Scenario" (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/viewarticle/16577/) help topic for more information on this.

exp1
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Allen,

Traffic looks like same because Connection Count and Request Count equals for each user and Task(If you mean that.).But when I over the 70 Vusers login case get me warning for 4 Vusers.I think that is limits for webPage.When I Ramp Up Load to Start with 70 Vusers and add 20 every 3 second login case is work fine.

But I can't sure.My opinion this Vuser Count is enough for commercial site.(70x10=7000 real-life user count)But I don't think our costumer will be satisfaction.

Anyway I will use Ramp Up Load property for I can increase Vusers Count.Than I used randezvous point for I can load all users.

let me know,If I you think another advice about Traffic.

Thanks.

• Hi Celalettin,

Well, "examine the traffic" meant comparing input data (URL variables, cookies and body variables) for "correct" and "incorrect" virtual users in order to find the difference which causes "incorrect" virtual users to fail. If you want us to investigate this, please zip your entire project suite folder along with the log of the failed test execution and another log of successfull test execution (same task, same input data source (if there is any), less virtual users) and send us the archive via our Contact Support form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message). Make sure that messages in your log correspond to the latest version of your tests.

exp1
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Allen;

We send the project suite via Rasim account to support.But I have a few questions.

I tried to get responseBodies via Request.ResponseBody method as I have written below;

function GeneralEvents_OnLoadTestingResponse(Sender, User, Request)

{

var FileName;

if(Request["RequestID"]==48)

{

FileName="C:\\ResponseUserrrr" +User["Vuser"]+"_Request"+"_"+aqConvert["VarToStr"](Request["RequestID"])+"_"+aqConvert["DateTimeToFormatStr"](aqDateTime["Now"](),"%Y%m%d%H%M%S")+".dat"

Request["ResponseBody"]["SaveToFile"](FileName);

Log["File"](FileName,"The response to the request" + aqConvert["VarToStr"](Request["RequestID"]) + "for the user '" +User["Vuser"] + "' is invalid."+ "File Name:" + FileName, 500 );

}

}

My Code works for 10 Vuser fine.I get for all Vusers response body.

But when I increase Vusers count to 70 and 80 users I get response body contents which they look like hardcoded , for only the Vusers can't login and got warning. The other vuser response body content are correct and readable. I need to see and compare these ResponseBody content with tasks responsebody.

Can I decode these response body contents into a readable format ? 

Another question is,

This code get all Users responsebody.I want get just which request got a warning. How can I figure that.Do you have an idea?

Is there a way to call this event function only when the request gets warning ?

Thanks in  advance.

Best Regards.

• Hi Celalettin,

We've received the project suite, thanks. We will analyze it and let you know our results via e-mail.