Forum Discussion

jhgreen
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Splitting project

I am looking to split my current project into 3 separate projects. But, I wanted to share the scripts for all our functions amongst the projects.

When looking at documentation, it states that cloning projects will copy the files. To share the code among the projects I would have to add existing file to the new projects.

I am wondering which is the better approach to clone the projects and then remove all the script files and add them back in using add existing or create new projects and then manually add all the scripts and items. If there is a better approach I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks,
Jeff

• I would go with the latter... Less clean up that needs to be done.  Just create two new projects, remove scripts from the one and add them to the other two.  You don't then need to worry about deleting residual files, etc.

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I would go with the latter... Less clean up that needs to be done.  Just create two new projects, remove scripts from the one and add them to the other two.  You don't then need to worry about deleting residual files, etc.