Forum Discussion

Guido_P
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Splitting a project to run a daytime and night time test

I am fairly new to Testcomplete and according to my co-workers, what I want should be possible, but they don't know.

Here's what I want/need to do:

Within my domain is a desktop application which is tested with Testcomplete. However, due to the amount of things to be tested, we want to split/clone the project in a way that a part of the tests is being done during daytime and a full(er) test is being done at night.

How do I do it?

- splitting/cloning the project in a day project and night project

- schedule the projects to be executed at times I want them to be executed

Thanks in advance! 

• Hi,

You can do this in a few ways. 

If you want to run the same Project, I would recommend copying the test so there would be a day test and night test. Or we could have a Day and night Project, so each would have their own pipeline. 

Scheduling tests can be done in a few ways too. Are you currently using a CI/CD tool like Azure Dev ops or Jenkins? Commonly we schedule pipeline builds from there, but we can use Microsoft task scheduler too. 

3 Replies

• Hi,

You can do this in a few ways. 

If you want to run the same Project, I would recommend copying the test so there would be a day test and night test. Or we could have a Day and night Project, so each would have their own pipeline. 

Scheduling tests can be done in a few ways too. Are you currently using a CI/CD tool like Azure Dev ops or Jenkins? Commonly we schedule pipeline builds from there, but we can use Microsoft task scheduler too.