Forum Discussion

hhildebr
New Contributor
15 years ago

Shared path not available on slaves?

Hi,

I am trying to use a shared folder on the network suite's master for providing relevant test data. I have set the shared path property on the master, and here its value is available using NetworkSuite.SharedPath. On the slaves, however the property is empty, meaning  I can't assemble the correct path to the test data.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Hauke

5 Replies

• Hi Hauke,

The folder specified by the "Shared path" property is available for slave machines only at run time. Please see the "Network Suite Properties" help topic for details.

hhildebr
    New Contributor
    Hi David,

I wasn't specific enough - I am talking about runtime, the slaves - after having been started, try to read the folder name from the NetworkSuite.SharedPath property, but it's empty.
  • Hi Hauke,

Let us know the exact version of TC you are using on each machine involved in your network suite.

hhildebr
    New Contributor
    Hello,

after a short break...:

I was using TC/TE 7.20. Today I did an update to 7.51, now the path appears on the slaves. However, it still doesn't work: the clients seem to by trying to access the path on their on drive.

I have set a folder "C:\TestRun" on the master as a shared path, apparently the slaves try to access that path on their drive (which of course doesn't exist). I seem to missing something. The TC help talks about "TC will give this shared folder the name of the referred folder". What does that mean? What is the referred folder?

Thanks for your help!
  • Hi Hauke,

Do you run TC under an account that has administrator's permissions (on the master and slaves)?

If you do, when you run the network suite, make sure that the shared folder ("\\<MachineName>\<SharedPath>") is accessible from the master machine.

If the folder is accessible, most likely, the issue is related to permissions on slave machines. So, during the execution of the Network Suite, try accessing the shared folder manually from the slave machine.

Can you access the folder?