Forum Discussion

tcborg
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Shared Name Mapping file uses absolute path?

I have a project which shares a Name Mapping file with another project; this is apparently done as a link to the original Name Mapping in the first project. When I check this into Source Control and then checkout the project on a different machine, it cannot find the Name Mapping because the link is an absolute path on the computer the link was created on.

How do I do this so that it uses a project suite-relative path that will work no matter where the project is checked out?

• You can open project file (.mds) in text editor (like notepad.exe) and correct path to relative manually. So, the resulted XML line should be like (change only the "path"):

<child name="NameMapping" key="{7293B297-7667-46CB-831A-75CA46977756}" type="Name Mapping" typeId="{5DCBAC3B-D39C-497C-9BE8-744CBADD37AA}" pluginName="NameMapping" path="..\TestProject1\NameMapping\NameMapping.tcNM" />

1 Reply

AGubarev
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

You can open project file (.mds) in text editor (like notepad.exe) and correct path to relative manually. So, the resulted XML line should be like (change only the "path"):

<child name="NameMapping" key="{7293B297-7667-46CB-831A-75CA46977756}" type="Name Mapping" typeId="{5DCBAC3B-D39C-497C-9BE8-744CBADD37AA}" pluginName="NameMapping" path="..\TestProject1\NameMapping\NameMapping.tcNM" />