Forum Discussion

vasanth_kumar
New Contributor
10 years ago

Selecting Tests for 'Run Project' list through cli

Hi,

Say i Have 100 automated tests in my project, and i have 10 machines. I'm gonna run 10 tests on each machine.

What is the cli way to select the ten tests out of the hundered to run on a machine.

Now, I dont want to create one trigger for for each test case i.e, calling test execute with project name and test script name and routine.

I am trying to just run the test project through TestExecute, and want to be able to select what tests will run. How is this possible through cli?

Hoping there is a neat way to do this.

P.S : apart form creating individual Test case triggers, creating a separate project for each batch of ten will also serve the issue, but both options are ugly to implement.

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Vasanth,

You could specify the names of tests to be executed in the TestComplete command line. If this option works for you, you will need to create a special function that will parse the command line correctly. Please refer to the "Pass parameters via the command line" article for details.

Also, there are several other options you can consider. One of them is to configure your tests by groups in the Test Item panel. In this case, you can execute the specified group of tests on a computer. The "Run the specified group of test items via TestComplete's command line" article contains a sample script demonstrating this approach.