Forum Discussion

gentlesea
Frequent Contributor
13 years ago

Search improvement suggestions when using Project Suite as Look in.

During my work I noticed that when searching the Project Suite, files that were added using Add - Existing Item... are regarded every time they occur in projects. At the moment I have a framework.sj file which occurs in every project. I have 7 projects, so the file is scanned 7 times. 1 time would be enough.

Also the NameMapping is left out of the search.

Please change this for the next version

6 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi.

Thanks for your feedback. I've registered your suggestions in our DB.

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Ernst,

I'd agree that this behavior may be inconvenient in some cases  - that is why, I've registered your request in our DB as a suggestion. However, the current behavior is not a bug and was made by design.

As for your suggestion, our development team hasn't made the final decision on implementing the requested functionality yet. That is why, the behavior wasn't changed in the latest release of TestComplete.

Thanks for your interest in this functionality.

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Something you might want to consider is, instead of having your framework file be a unit in each project, turn it into a script extension that, by default, will be available in all your projects.  This will remove it from your search as well as simplify your projects.
    gentlesea
    Frequent Contributor
    Can you please explain to me, what a "script extension" is exactly? Any link for further reading would be nice also.