Forum Discussion

clopez
New Contributor
15 years ago

Screen Freezes - Please advise how to run TestComplete 7.5.1 so these freezes do not occur

When I try to run TestComplete 7.5.1 with our application, the screen on my PC freezes.

I have Windows Professional XP2, Hard Drive = Total 231 GB, RAM = 2.95 GB, Processor = 1.59 GHz,

Fujitsu Lifebook T Series.

Please advise how I should I run TestComplete 7.5.1 so these freezes do not occur.

Thank you!

4 Replies

• Hi Carmen,

Could you please describe how your PC "freezes" in detail? Does the whole PC hang so that you need to reboot it? Does it revert to working conditions after a while?

Can the problem be reproduced on the latest version of TestComplete (v. 7.52)? If it can, let me know the exact steps to reproduce it.
    clopez
    New Contributor
    I do not have TestComplete 7.5.2 yet. I will contact you when I have it installed. Thank you.
    clopez
    New Contributor
    On version 7.5.1 when I start to record the training "Orders' application (this is all I have running on my PC), everything freezes up (please see the attached screen shot).

Steps:

1. Log on to Windows.

2. Open TestComplete.

3. Start to record a test.

4. Stop.

5. TestComplete and  Orders freeze.

6. No other application is running.

What should I do?

Thank you!

• Hi Carmen,

Please follow the instructions below to help us collect more information about the problem:

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package from:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx (for 32-bit processes)

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/install64bit.mspx (for 64-bit processes)

and install it.

2. When TestComplete and (or) the tested application hang(s), run two instances of WinDbg ("C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\windbg.exe").

3. Attach the first WinDbg instance to TestComplete's process and attach the second instance to the tested application's process (File | Attach to a Process).

4. Type the following command in the Command window of the first instance of WinDbg :

.dump /m "C:\TCDump.dmp"

and press Enter.

5. Type the following command in the Command window of the second instance of WinDbg:

.dump /m "C:\AppDump.dmp"

and press Enter.

6. Click Go on the WinDbg toolbar (or press F5) in both WinDbg instances. Wait for one minute and click Break (or press "Ctrl + Break") in both instances of WinDbg.

7. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to save another set of dump files with different file names.

8. Without a delay, repeat steps 6 and 7 two more times.

9. Submit a request via our Contact Support form and attach the resulting files to your request.

Thanks in advance.