Forum Discussion

_angelo
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

SWbemLocator Not Found

Hello everyone,

I was using TestComplete 8.5 and the autocomplete feature in the IDE stopped working and gave the error message: Not Found SWbemLocator wmiCode.vbs Line 440 Column: 2. Plug-in WMI Object 1.1 by AutomatedQA Corp. Location C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestComplete 8\Bin\extensions\ScriptExtensions\AQAScriptExtensions.tcx.

I saw that 8.6 was avaliable so I upgraded and the problem still persisted. Then I ran Repair from the 8.6 installer, still the same problem. Then I copied the ScriptExtensions\ folder from a coworker who just installed 8.6 and the problem still persisted.

I've also tried enabling and disabling the WMI script extension from the File > Install Script Extensions... menu without success. 

Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea how to fix?

Thanks,

Angelo

5 Replies

• Hi Angelo, 

I have never run into this problem, but I would suggest uninstalling and reinstaling Test Complete. Maybe the repair doesn't fix all problems. This might help. 

cheers, 

L-P
    _angelo
    Occasional Contributor
    That was my next move :-)

I'll give that a try and let everyone know how it works.

Angelo
    _angelo
    Occasional Contributor
    Nope, same problem.

A little more detail about the problem: The error message only displays the first time I try to autocomplete inside of a function call (like trying to get autocomplete to finish ba to bar in  foo( ba ) ). Additionally, the error message only appears once.

When trying to autocomplete a function call (like foo in fo ), an old outdated list of functions appears, like the autocomplete has not looked up the latest set of functions.
    _angelo
    Occasional Contributor
    Huh. It looks like I had a JScript syntax error on one of the other files in the project. Onces I fixed that, everything just worked, no more error.