Forum Discussion

ssachinshanbhag
New Contributor
13 years ago

Running same script on different machines simultaneously - Start and stop at same time and control this from one machine only

I have a requirement where I need to run same script on multiple machines simultaneously. It is like starting the scripts at same time and the scripts should continue its execution at same time intervals on multiple machines. I should be able to control when to start and stop the scripts for all machines.

I would like to know if there is any such capability available in TestComplete? Or if you can suggest any other tool which can be integrated with Testcomplete scripts is also fine. We have all our automation scripts written in TestComplete using javascript.

Some of the questions we have are -

1)     Can the application support order submission at the same exact time (as liste din original requirement email)

2)     How can # 1 be achieved wth in testcomplete scripts?

3)     Can test execute systems reside outside a domain?

Basically the idea behind this is, we are trying to do some kind of load/performance testing. I have gone through some notes about TestExecute, but it does not say anything about running the scripts simultaneously in multiple systems.

Please let me know if you need any further information regarding our above requirement.

Looking forward for your reply.

1 Reply

ArtemS
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

TestComplete (and TestExecute) provides several means for synchronizing the execution of tests launched on multiple machines. Read Synchronizing Projects - Overview to learn about each of these ways. For instance, with Synchronization Points, you can wait until every machine is ready to proceed and then simultaneously resume the test execution.

The test machines could reside outside a domain. Once a computer is accessed via the Remote Desktop technology, it could be used for TestComplete/TestExecute distributed testing.

Regards. Artem.