Forum Discussion

lodecesa
Contributor
2 years ago

Run test on a dual monitor machine

I am encountering problems when running tests with TestComplete on my dual screen machine. In a test session, a few graphic elements are not identified if the TestComplete window is placed on one screen and the browser on the other. At the error "Unable to verify a value with the property checkpoint, because the target object does not exist," the image that is recorded is that of the two screens side by side where you can see TestComplete and the web page being tested. I can confirm that by selecting the "Highlight on Screen" command, the two elements are correctly identified.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

7 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

What resolution are your using? I've had no issues using dual monitors at 1920 x 1080 using 100% scaling

lodecesa
      Contributor

rraghvani wrote:

What resolution are your using? I've had no issues using dual monitors at 1920 x 1080 using 100% scaling

The main monitor has a resolution of 2560x1440 and the second one has a resolution of 1920x1200, both with 100% scaling. However, I do not understand how this is related to the problem I have described. Do you think this is a resolution problem?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I only asked because someone had issues using TC on a very high resolution, and TC doesn't work if scaling is not 100%.

You mentioned "image that is recorded", are you verifying an image? Are you using any coordinates in your test?

lodecesa
      Contributor

rraghvani wrote:

You mentioned "image that is recorded", are you verifying an image? Are you using any coordinates in your test?

No I don't use coordinates

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You mentioned "image that is recorded", are you verifying an image?

lodecesa
      Contributor

rraghvani wrote:

You mentioned "image that is recorded", are you verifying an image?

The picture in "Test Visualizer"

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Out of curiosity, if you where to swap the windows around i.e. TestComplete and Browser. What's the outcome?