Forum Discussion

Lagencie
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Run failed Tests again

Is there a function or whatever, to run all failed tests from a log again?

Or create a new testrun with the failed tests in a simple and fast way?

karkadil
    7 years ago

Some time ago I implemented such a feature and wrote a blog post on how I did it.

You can find the post here

https://alpaev.com/testcomplete-rerun-failed-tests/

It is in Russian, but I think you can use google translate to get an English version.

General idea is to add each test with an error to the list (batch-file in my case) and run them all after the main set is finished.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

No, there is not.  Keep in mind, that TestComplete, being a flexible tool with many ways of doing the same thing... what defines a "test"? I have a framework that I developed in TestComplete which runs a test run based upon a set of SQL data.  If one of those fails, how do I tell TestComplete to re-run one of those tests?  Meanwhile, other folks use the TestItems feature of TestComplete to define a test.  Some have something that looks entirely different... so, to get a log file out of TestComplete and say, "Rerun failed tests"... what is the context for defining what a test is?

karkadil
      Valued Contributor

Some time ago I implemented such a feature and wrote a blog post on how I did it.

You can find the post here

https://alpaev.com/testcomplete-rerun-failed-tests/

It is in Russian, but I think you can use google translate to get an English version.

General idea is to add each test with an error to the list (batch-file in my case) and run them all after the main set is finished.

Lagencie
        Frequent Contributor

will read into it, thx - and yeah google translate does its job