Forum Discussion

dikshika114
Contributor
3 years ago

Run Script with CBT (Parallelly) after using different data from excel

I wanna run my script (Which is written in JavaScript) thru CBT on 3-4 browser and i want to use different different data from the excel for each browser running parallelly in with CBT.

Is it possible to do that?? If yes, what would be the Best way to do it??

16 Replies

• Hi dikshika114 

Hope you are well. 

Data driven loops will run the sessions in parallel but use the same data. 

To best ensure each session use different data then I would recommend maybe using parameters or even a table variable in TestComplete. 

This may involve some duplication as each test will need to reference a different table variable. 

The great thing about parameters is that they can be called on execution(say your parallel execution group) or parsed into a test however Parameters are configured in TestComplete rather than an excel value.

See here for more information 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/running/tips/test-run-parameters.html

Hope that helps

Vincent    

dikshika114
        Contributor

I have lot of values that i saves uniquely in the system. So, i just want to specify these values at one place that could easily be changed before start execution like in excel file.

Unable to understand the way, how it can be called differently while Parallel execution with CBT. (I have configured the Browser and Platforms in Execution Plan Like shown in Screenshot)

Please explain the way somewhat deeply. How can i do that. Because i have no idea about that.

Attaching the screenshot of my excel file also where data is separated with test case and the field names which i want to change for every browser which are running parallelly.

Please provide a straight away sample script to achieve that.

Thanks

• Hi dikshika114 - 

It is still possible to avoid deleting the posts with my approach - i think you will find this a bit more streamline. 

Let me know your language of choice. 

Emma