mmadaan
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Region Checkpoint in TestComplete 8.7 are not working across machines

Customer ID: A38952

Region Checkpoint in TestComplete 8.7 are not working across machines

I captured the region checkpoint on Machine Configuration: Windows7 and IE 8.0

It is working fine on the same machine

When i'm running the same on the Windows 2003 and IE 8.0, then its failing.

Here is the line of code that i'm using:

Sub test2

test2

Call Regions.Compare("Graph_forecast", window.Panel("page").Panel("page_body").Panel("page_body_content").Panel("forecastNew").Panel(1).Panel("forecastNew_drawer").Panel(0).Panel(1).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel("forecastNew_drawer_collapser").Panel("forecastNew_drawer_collapser_body").Panel("forecastNew_sec_content_id").Panel("on_track_page_bv").Panel("on_track_b").Panel(0).Panel("on_track_graph_container").Object("on_track_graph"), False, False, True, 0)

End Sub

Attached are the Screencasts for 1. Expected Image 2. Actual Image and 3. Compared Image

1 Reply

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Mohit,

Images comparison is extremely unreliable and should be used as a last resort only when nothing else works. The reason is that images are rendered differently depending on OS version, color depth, color scheme, screen resolution, etc.

Direct comparison of the text in the target controls with expected values or using different checkpoints (object, property, etc. -- see relevant help topic for more details on the given checkpoint) is much more reliable and thus preferable.