Forum Discussion

MichaelBate
New Contributor
13 years ago

Region Checkpoint fails but Comparison Mode view shows no discrepancies

I am running TestComplete 8.7, Windows 7 64-bit, C# Winforms application.  I have many other region checkpoints that work correctly.

One of my region checkpoints, which follows drawing with a low level procedure, fails intermittently (not every time).  When it fails, if I click Comparison Mode, it shows all white (no discrepancies).

Here is the relevant code from the script:

DrawingCollection.FreehandLines.Execute(Aliases.EngravingExe.MainForm.splitContainer.SplitterPanel.MainFormContainer.ToolStripContentPanel.MainPanel);

Regions.MainPanelFreehandLines.Check(Aliases.EngravingExe.MainForm.splitContainer.SplitterPanel.MainFormContainer.ToolStripContentPanel.MainPanel);

ALSO I can't seem to get Advanced Search to work on these forums.  The two fields (product name and document name) are always disabled.  So I have to search through hundreds of postings to see if my problem has already been addressed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Michael,

As far as I know, if the image shown in the Comparison Mode contains only white pixels, the region checkpoint mustn't fail. So, I recommend that you make sure that the entire image is white (for this purpose, you can zoom the image), and if it is, please contact our Support Team and send them:

1. Your TestComplete project with all the log files you described.

2. The image (or control) you used in the region checkpoint so that they could reproduce the behavior.

Thanks.

• Thank you.

I have submitted a bug report as you suggested.  This really seems like a bug in TestComplete (unless I'm missing something, which is always possible)
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Michael,

I've checked our DB and found your request.

Our Support Team is going to continue working with you via e-mail. Thank you :)