Forum Discussion

Billbones1981
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Record no longer working with Chrome v59

The test machine I am using has recently updated chromet o v59 and after installing the v59 patch all my test sill run fine.

However I have just noticed that I can no longer use the record functionality. When I try to record a key work test - test complete tells me that the Extensions not enabled.

I can still run existing tests, map objects and the object spy recognises object sine

Any ideas?

tristaanogre
    7 years ago

And there's your problem... the Chrome 59 support patch is supported only for TestComplete 12.30.  

So, in order to run tests with Chrome version 59, not only did you need the patch, you also need to upgrade TestComplete to version 12.30.  Check your customer portal for the latest version, download, and do the upgrade.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

In Chrome, go to More Tools -> Extensions and make sure the extension itself is enabled.

Billbones1981
      New Contributor

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I should have been explicit about that - Yes its enabled - see the attached.

Also if i do file>install extensions from TC I can see under web that Chrome support & Chromium Embedded Framework support extensions are visible and checked.

Whats odd is that all other aspects associated whit the extension seem to work - i.e. recognising object sin chrome etc but when I try to record a test TC tells me the extension is not enabled.

I have tried re starting chrome/TC/my PC and also removing and installing the extension but still see the same issues.

Its chrome v59 and TC v12.20.1005.7

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

And there's your problem... the Chrome 59 support patch is supported only for TestComplete 12.30.  

So, in order to run tests with Chrome version 59, not only did you need the patch, you also need to upgrade TestComplete to version 12.30.  Check your customer portal for the latest version, download, and do the upgrade.