Forum Discussion

SLibernard
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Reasons about why TestComplete recognizes "Winforms" as "window"...

Two days ago, I ran my scripts and it went well, But today I run these scripts, it goes wrong, and the error is "Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error" about that Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Sys.Process(...).WaitWinFormsObject'. It's because TestComplete recognizes "Winforms" as "window", but before it took that object as "Winforms". Has anyone encountered this problems? How to return it back? Thanks very much!

• I just reinstall testComplete, and it works well. Thanks~

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

You see that when all the objects haven't loaded properly.  That used to happen to us a lot when we were on older versions of TestComplete.  Not so much any more, but here's how we get around it.  

• Try not to have any other programs running along with TestComplete.  It wants lots of memory.  If you happen to have something like GoToMeeting open at the same time, it will behave badly
    • Reboot the test computer.  Sometimes just restarting TestComplete or your application will work, but not always, so we just reboot.

• You can also try increasing your method invoke timeout, which is in Project Properties under Project | Open Applications. 

SLibernard
    Occasional Contributor

It shows that 'process1.WinFormsObject' is an error. process1 is an object Process. I searched the Help and found this method 'WinFormsObject' is contained in Process Method. Why I cannot use it? 

SLibernard
    Occasional Contributor

I just reinstall testComplete, and it works well. Thanks~