Forum Discussion

manojgovikari
Contributor
13 years ago

RPC Server unavailable error in TC 8.7 while waiting for an object

Hi Team,

I have installed TestComplete 8.7 version. In our automation suite there is long delay(~30000 milliseconds) required to display an object. After object get display when Testcomplete go to next step we were getting a run time error,

Error: "The RPC Server is unavailable"

This issue is not observed with TestComplete 7.5 and 8.6 versions. and also observed that the execution performance is slow down with th TC 8.7 then 7.5 or 8.6 versions.

Find the attached error screen shot and let me know if there is any formarmance issue is with the TC 8.7.

2 Replies

• Hi,

This can happen if a reference to your application's process gets broken during the test. How do you use the delay you mentioned? Also, what code results in the 'RPC server is unavailable' error? Can you post here a script which produces this error?

Also, if the execution is slow, try following the recommendations listed in the Automated Test Performance Tips article.
  • Yes, the reason you said might be correct i.e., TC lost the reference of the object in application due to long delay.

We have used Do while loop to get verify the actual object displayed and each mintute TC will verify for the object and if found within max limit (30000Sec) then it will exit from loop(Exit Do) otherwise after reaching max limit it will come out from the loop and gives as failure.

Actually the same code has worked properly with 7.5 version but 8.7 has too slow in execution and it is giving such error.