Forum Discussion

crb
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Question about radio button in the Orders example

I want to set up a test that is similar to the Orders example (which demonstrates data-driven loop in a Keyword test), I notice that data (in the spreadsheet) for Credit Card has strings: "AE", "Mastercard" or "VISA".  Where do those strings some from?

I have radio buttons in my test that I want to vary, and I don't know what strings (representing each button) to use in my excel spreadsheet.

Thanks.

5 Replies

AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Chris,

As far as I can see, these are the names of the option buttons in the tested application. You can see them, for example, if you open the C# Orders project in Visual Studio and check the Name property of the option buttons on OrderForm.

Here is the way you can modify your keyword test so that it simulates the click on the appropriate option button: http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/17599/.

crb
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks Alex.  I will try that.

I have another question about a copying test steps.

There are many times when I want to copy some test steps from

one keyword test to another keyword test. When I do the copy, I see that the steps

have been copied, but I don't see the corresponding "Test Visualizer" screens copied

along with the steps.  Is there a formal way of doing this, or is this bad practice or not possible?

Thanks!
    AlexeyK

Chris,

Unfortunately, copying images along with test commands is not supported at the moment.

As far as I know, our developers consider implementing this feature in one of the future updates.

So, it's not a "bad practice", it just has not been implemented yet.

crb
    Occasional Contributor
    OK, thanks.

It seems like this limitation does not preclude anyone from inserting additional operations (or applying any other typical feature)

to the test items that have been copied, right?  In other words, is it true that the visualizer screens are a helpful

guideline to what has been recorded, but not necessary?
    AlexeyK
    Yes, right. :-)

Visualizer images help you understand what actions your test performs, but they are not necessary for the test run.

You can also use them to insert new test commands into your tests sometimes, but again, you can do this without them.