Forum Discussion

zusigivi
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago
Solved

Pull Request Checks

Hi all,

I am looking into creating some PR build checks, and am wondering if anyone else has created something similar in the past.  

We are using JSDoc type function headers, so the only task that I have so far is ensuring that doc generation is working on PR builds.

We had an issue where are bad .tcscript file was checked in, and broke references.  I'm wondering if there is a way that I can check this before it gets committed to master.

Thanks!

• I have previously used ESLint to check all script files, and one of my team members wrote a python script to check all XML files to make sure there were no dangling tags in the TestComplete files (sometimes merge conflicts messed them up). It worked pretty well and gave us good coding standards and security

1 Reply

tphillips
    Frequent Contributor

I have previously used ESLint to check all script files, and one of my team members wrote a python script to check all XML files to make sure there were no dangling tags in the TestComplete files (sometimes merge conflicts messed them up). It worked pretty well and gave us good coding standards and security