Forum Discussion

tomane26
New Contributor
13 years ago

Property CheckPoint and data-driven

Hello, I'm using TestComplete 8, and I have some doubts.

I'm placing some data in the website available input fields, using data-driven loop, and I'm doing it successfully.

After I hit the confirmation button, the result values are presented to me in the next window and now I would like to validate them. I'm stuck in this point, I need to test inputField_A equals resultField_A.

I'm trying to use Property CheckPoint, but I can only test resultField_A against a fixed string. I would like to test against the data-driven.

What is the correct proceeding?

Thanks for your help.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Replace the fixed string with the value from your DDT file.  So, something like this:

var DDTObj = DDT.CSVDriver("C:\\MyTemp\\MyFile.CSV")

Aliases.Page.MyInputField.SetText(DDTObj.Value("Column1")

aqObject.CheckProperty(MyResultField, DDTObj.Value("Column1")

tomane26
    New Contributor
    I've been only using the TestComplete menus. Your suggestion is to directly create the code? Not what I was hoping for. I wanted to use code only as my last resort.

What about the property compare checkpoint? Seems to have what I need, I can reach the input fields or the data-driven, but for some reason TestComplete isn't storing any information of the result page in the test, so I can't reach it. Is there a way to force TestComplete to include the result page? Maybe then I could compare them.

Thanks.
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Okay, do you're using keyword tests.

Instead of using the property checkpoint from the menu, use the option from test actions called "Call Object Method".  When prompted, type in aqObject as the object and select "CheckProperty" as the method.  The list of parameters will be displayed.  Select On Screen Object as the mode for the Object parameter, enter a string corresponding to the desired property, and then, for value, select Table Data as your mode and select the table and column you wish to use.  See the screenshot below.
      priyalmistry4
      Occasional Contributor

I am using the above steps for Property Checkpoint using  Call Method Object but I donot find the 'Text' property in mylist.

Also, I want to modify my object to read the data (url) from Date driven loop since my environment changes even though the content is same.