Ask a Question

ProjectSuite Logs

SOLVED
lokithorshield
Contributor

ProjectSuite Logs

Hi Is it possible to Access ProjectSuite Logs ? These logs dont come under the Project folder. I am not able to get the Logs object under project suite. but on some of the documentation it says project suite logs are accessible by scripts.

Thanks,

Mahesh

6 REPLIES 6
TanyaYatskovska
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Manesh,

After saving the Test Log via Log.SaveResultsAs, you can parse is in the way you want. Refer to the "Exported Results Structure" ( http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/73133/ ) help topic – it contains the structure of the exported files. Also, I recommend that you read the "Exporting Test Results" ( http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/74337/ ) help topic describing different options you can use to export your test results.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Hi Tanya, I understand same, But what happens is during same run the Logs are not recognizable. We will have to trigger another run just to get the logs - is that correct?.

Thanks,

Mahesh

TanyaYatskovska

Manesh, what do you mean by "the Logs are not recognizable"?

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya

Hi In order for Project.Logs to work, they should already exist isnt it? When we run actual tests, the Log files are still not created. Once Test run completes it gets created as a entry in Logs folder inside Testcomplete.

Did you mean they will work even during actual run - dynamically Re Save the Logs?

Thanks,

Mahesh

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Manesh,

Some information about the current test execution is possible to get via the Log object (number of errors, warnings, etc.). The results of the project suite execution is available from the Summary panel of the target test log. To view the project suite results, the test should be finished. However, you can use the Log.SaveResultsAs method to export the test log during the test execution.

Does it make sense?

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya

Yep ! so probably I would need to Save results as butwould need to access that file seperately

Thanks,

Mahesh

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: