Forum Discussion

pradeepdli
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Product change devexpress 12.1 to 14.2 script not run

Hello

I am using Test complete 10.40.2015.7 for regression testing our desktop application develop by C# .Net .We are recording (jscript)thousand number of test cases and pay back before the releasing .Now updating our application devexpress12.1 to 14.2 the thousand number of test cases canot work now please provide an solution for it . 

2 Replies

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

Just recording and plying is good for a start. But before going for record thounds of test cases you have to
    build robust test frame-work. what I mean is way of handling errors, way to handle change of application and
    reuserbility of test scripts.

what you could do now is analys errors you got, and try to write tests which can handle those next time.
    You can get help for specific problems / errors from this forum.

dsstrainer
    Occasional Contributor

Similar issues here. Updated to DevExpress 14.2 and now the method calls on grids like "ClickCell" or "HoverMouseCell" on my DevExpress.Xpf.Grid return a generic error and the test stops. Looks like the cell stuff needs some attention. Record/Playback only uses generic click(x,y) which is not feasible.

An error occurred.

Possible reasons:
    The application stopped responding.
    The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).
    An error occurred in TestComplete.

Technical information:
    103 0x80020006 (Unknown name.) edit.

Tested object:
    Sys.Process("TestApp").WPFObject("HwndSource: standAloneWindow").WPFObject("priceBookUserControl").WPFObject("DockPanel", "", 1).WPFObject("priceLadder").WPFObject("gridControl")