Forum Discussion

KevinJS
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Process("firefox") not Browser("firefox")

I have TestComplete version 14.30.3743.7 x64, Firefox version 68.4.2esr(64bit); within the Object Browser Process("firefox") and not Browser("firefox").

I've read the previous post on this subject, went out to the Smartbear site, installed the applicable patches and still have this issue.

Any advice on what I need to do next would be greatly appreciated.

• TestComplete is licensed based upon types of applications you will be testing.  If you have a Desktop license, you can create tests for desktop applications.  If you have a Web license, you can create tests for Web applications.  You CAN license both as well.  

If you go to Help -> About, your license option there should indicate what your license includes.

KevinJS
    5 years ago

Got the right license installed. Working now. Thanks Alex.

10 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Are you licensed for Web tests?  The "Browser" method off of Sys is not recognized without a Web license.

KevinJS
      Occasional Contributor

We've purchased a TestComplete license. Is there something in particular I need to run Web tests?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

TestComplete is licensed based upon types of applications you will be testing.  If you have a Desktop license, you can create tests for desktop applications.  If you have a Web license, you can create tests for Web applications.  You CAN license both as well.  

If you go to Help -> About, your license option there should indicate what your license includes.