Forum Discussion

vladm
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Problems with connect to Oracle DB

Hi All,

Please, help to find the reason of such error during attempt to connect to Oracle DB using ADO connection:

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Connect string looks like this:

MY_DB.ConnectionString = "Driver={Oracle in OraDb10g_home1};Server=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST = db-oracle-05.com)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME = odwdew)));User Id=user;Password=password";

I can log in with this credentials to this DB anywhere, but not in TestComplete. 

Thanks.

3 Replies

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Vladimir,

Does your database logon issue occur if you use that connection string in any application other than TestComplete? To check whether the issue is caused by TestComplete's ADO object's incorrect behavior, you can create a simple Delphi or Visual C++ application connecting to your database using the same connection string you are using in TestComplete.

Still, to help us investigate the issue, could you please use this web form to contact our Support Team and send us your problematic TestComplete project, your tested application or web site and the credentials required to log in to your database?

Thanks in advance.

vladm
    Occasional Contributor

I found workaround. Connection string was changed to:

MY_DB.ConnectionString = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=dev;User Id=user;Password=pass;OLEDB.NET=True;";  

Now connection works.

It's a pity but i can't send any applications/projects for investigation in connection with the company policy (Data Security). I'll try to found problem on my side and update this post. If it's a bug, appropriate report will be sent to your Support Team. 

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Vladimir,

I'm glad to know that you have found a workaround and your connection works now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional information on your issue, or if you have other questions.

Thank you.