Forum Discussion

maxdevezzi
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Problem while recording a test

Good morning,

during registration, when I insert the data fields of a form is very slow and I have to click after you enter each letter.

What can 'be the problem?

thanks

Max

6 Replies

• Hi Max,

To help us reproduce the problem, please send us your application that works slowly during the recording via our Contact Support form.

To solve the problem yourself, try to find out which plug-in causes it. For this purpose, disable all Open Application support plug-ins and all third-party controls support plug-ins (File | Install Extension...). Then, check whether you can reproduce the problem. If you cannot reproduce it, you will need to determine the problematic plug-in: first, enable Open Applications Support plug-ins one by one. Then, enable the third-party controls plug-ins. Please describe your results in your support request.

maxdevezzi
    Occasional Contributor

Indeed, the problem is in the plugin.

The problem occurs when I leave "Web Testing plug-in Version 4.0."

With this plugin works fine recording but not playback.

The error is immediate :  "an error occurred while calling the click method or property of the internetexplorerserver object

Thanks

Max
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Max,

SmartBear Software has recently released a new version of TestComplete - TestComplete 8.70. If you are using an earlier version, I'd recommend that you download the latest version of the product from our web site and try to reproduce the problem using this version.

If the problem remains, please contact our Support Team and send them the application that causes the mentioned problem.

Thanks.

maxdevezzi
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello,

I am the owner of three licenses. I currently have version 8.60.665.7.

How can I update it?

I need to solve the problem.

Enclosed is the test that is very slow in the recording. But working

thanks

Max
    maxdevezzi
    Occasional Contributor
    Fortunately, with version 8.7 I have no problems of slowness.

Now it stops at the following object.

"Clicks buttonOk Click the 'buttonOk' control '

may depend on what?
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Max,

The problem with the slow performance has gone and it's good :)

However, I'm afraid, I don't quite understand what you mean when you say:

Now it stops at the following object.

"Clicks buttonOk Click the 'buttonOk' control '

may depend on what?

What does the "it stops at the following object" statement mean? Does the test stop? Does the recording stop? If the test execution is stopped on an appropriate line, TestComplete must post the error message to the test log. In this case, please switch to the test log's Additional Information panel and post here the text it contains.

If you meant something else, please clarify the problem in more detail.

Thanks.